How to Prepare for a Free Consultation with a Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve recently been in a car accident or suffered a personal injury, you may be looking to hire a car accident injury lawyer. Sunshine State Law Firm offers FREE consultations to help you gain valuable insight into your case. The following are steps to take to make sure you are prepared for your initial consultation:
Check Your Statute of Limitations
- For most personal injury cases in Florida, the statute of limitations is 2 years. This means you have 2 years from the date of your incident to file a lawsuit with the Court.
- However, each case is different, so it’s important to consult with a car accident lawyer to see if you still have a case.
Create a List of Questions
- Come prepared with a list of questions. You will feel better leaving your consultation with a better idea of what to expect for the rest of the process.
- Some examples of questions are:
- How will I pay for medical treatment?
- What damages can I pursue?
- What do the legal fees look like?
Be Prepared to Offer a Detailed Version of What Happened
- Provide as much information as possible about the incident.
- Share what happened before, during, and after the car accident.
- State the location and time of the car accident.
- Be honest about the extent of your injuries and any treatment you received.
- Bring any witness contact information.
- Track any pay and time missed from work due to the accident.
- Do not leave anything out!
Have Documents Ready
- It’s important that you bring all documents related to your car accident.
- Some documents may include:
- Car Accident Report
- Photographs of the Scene
- Police Notes
- Witness Statements
- Medical Records
- Insurance Information
- Other Party’s Contact and Insurance Information
- This information can help your attorney understand your case and provide a more complete picture. With more information, your attorney can make a better evaluation of your case.
Are you confused about legal terms? Check out this blog post to grow your legal knowledge before your consultation with an attorney!
Contact Sunshine State Law Firm for a FREE consultation! We assist every client with care and make them our top priority.
For a complete list of everything you will need, download this PDF. If you don’t have all of this information, don’t worry because our team will help obtain any necessary documents or evidence during the claims process!
On January 1st, 2024, Florida passed a new law stating that drivers must move over for all disabled vehicles that display emergency flares and signage, hazard lights, or that have one or more persons visibly present when stopped. The previous House Bill 425...
Florida enforces comparative negligence laws, which determines the amount of compensation someone can claim in a personal injury case. Florida’s new negligence law, House Bill (HB) 837, makes changes to the state’s tort laws. Before this law, Florida was a...
If you’ve recently been in a car accident or had a personal injury, you may be looking to hire a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer who is local is an advantage because they are licensed to practice law in your state, they know the local laws, and they have...