For more than half a million Florida residents, owning a motorcycle isn’t just a way to get around, it’s a way of life.
From the call of the open road to the thrill of Biketoberfest, nothing is quite as liberating as hitting the road with your bike and seeing where it takes you. (It’s no wonder they call it the “freeway!”)
But with all this freedom comes a great deal of risk. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 89,000 motorcyclists were injured in collisions in 2017 alone and more than 5,000 were killed as a result of a crash.
As careful as you may be, everyone who operates a vehicle—car or motorcycle—risks a severe accident every time they leave the driveway. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or death as a result of a collision, you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on your side.
As a motorcycle enthusiast and rider himself, attorney Simon Nicholson is passionate about representing fellow riders.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Why Should You Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The days, weeks, and months following a motorcycle accident can be some of the most difficult of your life. Juggling doctors’ appointments, vehicle repairs, and the obligations of your daily life leave little time for fighting with insurance companies.
A good motorcycle accident lawyer will work to get you the compensation you deserve and deal with the difficult and frustrating administrative issues that come with a vehicle accident. You’ll be able to focus on what’s most important—your recovery and getting your life back together—while your attorney handles the insurance companies and the legal aspects of your case.
How can a motorcycle injury attorney help you build the strongest possible case if you’re injured in a motorcycle accident?
- Review details of the crash, including police reports and camera footage
- Interview witnesses
- Reconstruct the accident scene
- Ensure important evidence is preserved
- Assess medical information
- Gather testimony of expert witnesses
- Meet statutes of limitations and other court-imposed deadlines
At Sunshine State Law Firm, we don’t believe that our support for you ends on the courthouse steps. Our focus is on helping you get full restitution for the suffering and loss you’ve experienced.
Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured while riding a motorcycle, you could be eligible for compensation. Depending on the details of your case, you might be entitled to financial support for:
- Medical expenses, including emergency room fees, hospital care, surgery, and assistive devices and physical therapy;
- Future medical expenses, including ongoing care for permanent injuries;
- Lost wages (money you would have earned had the accident never happened);
- Loss of earning capacity (a reasonable estimate of what you could have earned long-term had the accident never occurred);
- Pain and suffering (a reasonable estimate of the non-economic damages caused by the accident, taking into consideration the extent of your pain, the length of recovery time, and whether or not any injuries are permanent);
- Mental anguish (a reasonable estimate of the emotional damage caused by the accident);
- Loss of consortium (financial compensation to your spouse for the loss of services, assistance, aid, and companionship you were unable to provide after the accident).
Chances are, if you’re like most bikers, you have a number of questions after a motorcycle accident. In addition to dealing with your healthcare and recovery issues, you might need access to a temporary vehicle while your bike is repaired or need financial support if you’re forced to miss time from work.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve! At Sunshine State Law Firm, we help bikers get full compensation from the accident (not just their physical injuries) and help them cope with the aftermath of a biking accident.
We Take Motorcycle Accidents Seriously
What would be a minor accident for those driving cars or trucks can be deadly when one of the parties is on a motorcycle. Without the steel frame, airbags, seatbelt, and other safety measures that auto drivers rely on, motorcyclists are vulnerable to a much more severe accident.
Yet, despite this inherent risk, many drivers fail to look for or even notice the bikers that share the road with them. In fact, some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers of cars.
And despite the precautions taken by a motorcyclist, it’s easy to see how so many people are injured while biking. It’s as if they are targets on the road: drivers fail to pay attention and honor the rights of cyclists and many insurance companies unfairly blame bikers for their own accidents.
At Sunshine State Law Firm, we don’t represent corporations or insurance companies. Our first and only focus is on the innocent victims. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t entrust your case to just any personal injury attorney. You need an experienced and dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer that will fight for you.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact us at 407.627.1414 or by email at Simon@SunshineFirm.com.